Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
[

Most customers have no clue when it comes to a restoration, they'll ship a car around the country from one vendor to another, with no clue as to what should have been done initially, a vehicle will arrive with a painted engine compartment, an a detailed driveline installed, or a new interior installed, yet they want qtrs cut off and replaced, along with other major body/paint bodywork...

Tell the customer to include any trim/glass or panels that are going to be installed to ship them with the car, you usually get "why?", then you have to explain the reason "why", is to assure that these parts will fit after body/paint, of course the car shows up without the part(s), you contact the customer, only to hear, "it'll be all right, I'm sure the parts will fit"...you know what happens later, basically what this thread is about

I've experienced all the vendor/bodyshop horror stories from the proprietors end over the decades, one of the reasons you learn everything from A to Z when it comes to restoring a vehicle

Mike

I've been lucky with the few customers I've taken on.

If they are that clueless I'd rather send them packing. I don't need the money or the headache.
M426