Originally Posted By dvw
Make it a pro tree and someone sharp is going to mop the floor. This should be rookie type deal for the occasional racer to have a chance. As Dizuster said most street type cars won't come close on a .500 pro tree. But guaranteed someone will. Just like a few years ago when a .400 full tree was used to level the playing field and eliminate red lights at Quaker City. Same 2 cars the final for 5 out of 6 races. Just my 2 cents.
Doug

Somebody is always gonna be good.
I want the pro tree and index. It's the reason I am doing this.
If I wanted to just watch guys run 11.50 I could watch NSS that runs that. Or watch sportsman guys just foot brake on a full tree.
Same thing could be said about the 10.0 thing too. Very few guys run that other than at Norwalk from this part of the country. It's something different.
Somebody always doesn't like this or that about something no matter what it is, so it is what it is. I get to decide, somebody has at the end of the day or it would never become reality.
I figure guys have a good chance for 750 bucks with a 20 dollar entry. Frankly, those that have no interest in it don't have to do it. I will pay out the money and enjoy watching. If it seems there is more whining than it's worth I just will learn my lesson and not do it again......

Anyhow, this thread has had plenty of good points.... Here will be the rules( subject to running it by Josh) for the race

.500 pro tree
11.50 index
No transbrake
Two steps for stick cars only to launch
No line lock use except to do a burnout, the intent is to have this be off the foot.
No deep staging
Courtesy staging in effect, no disqualification if you don't, but respect your fellow racer as a good sport and don't get in until both top bulbs are lit.
2 qualifying shots, at least one must be 11.50 or slower, under on both your out. I want to put this in because guys with cars that are way faster than 11.50 who will invariably enter should have it figured out to run 11.50 by the second pass in qualifying. If not, you don't get in the show.10.0 used to have this same rule, it bit me as luck would have it...
No throttle stops or air shifting

Payout guaranteed no matter the number of entries

Have fun and good luck to all

Any questions at Norwalk, look me up, or just ask away on here or at the head of staging when this class gets called out.

Last edited by B3422W5; 01/28/17 01:48 AM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17