Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Brad, didn't those intakes basically have MW sized port runners that were necked down to std port openings at the flange? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Correct, which goes to my comment that the Stage VI intake was really intended for a MW 4500 build.

Quote:
I think I only tested two motors on the dyno with one of those...... Yours and one other.
As I recall yours had some work done to it, but I don't recall how it compared power-wise to the others.
The other motor that I tried one on the intake was ootb, and it was down on power in the lower and mid-range, and had a narrower band up top where the big numbers were.

My Helgeson-ported intake made more peak HP, although only by a couple, than every other intake we tested that time. However, it also had a big dip in the torque curve under 4K RPM that the other intakes didn't have. I think it was too big in the plenum and had too much runner taper for a standard-port 440" engine; modified like mine and used with another 50 cubes and it might work OK for this 500 crate combination.