On your second issue if you look at your tie rod adjusting sleeves on both sides. The adjusting sleeve should be approximately centered on the two tie rod ends, on both sides of the vehicle within a few threads of eachother.

If that is not the case then the box was not centered in its range of travel before the steering wheel/column/coupler was brought down and joined up to it.
I am not familiar with the borgeson setup but I would assume they do also have a master spline on the input shaft of the box so the coupler can theoretically only go on one way ?

What I have found in the past on factory boxes where someone being careless or rushed during the installation Of the pot coupler onto the new box bolted into the frame. The box was not centered and they just used a hammer to reinstall the coupler, straighten the wheel then crank the adjusting sleeves to make it all square and true. Worked great except at the ends of the range of travel one side might have an extra 1/2 to 3/4 of turn vs the other side.