Originally Posted By mr_340
I've been on Classracer for 15 years or so. I've been on Dwight's deal before but didn't think there was anything new there. Went back today and he's done a good job compiling all the info in one or two places. The Dart isn't in his classification page. He only has the Coronet and Charger from Page 1. The Dart info is on Page 3. I have already compiled all the info from the various NHRA pages (classification, engine blueprint, piston, rod, cylinder head volumes, etc.) into a Word document. Mine doesn't update automatically unlike Dwights.

I already bought two LD4Bs, one from Terry Dye and one from Tony's parts from an ad on Moparts. Dwight had some port volumes on the other heads that are legal (675, etc), just not sure they are accurate. They had them down as the same volumes as the X head, 915/587 head volumes. Not sure I believe that. I hadn't planned to flow those 675 heads, but I might as well drag them along to my engine/machinist guy in Tampa. If I find some 302s, I'll buy a set to check them out.

As far as all the valves, in any testing of variables, only one data point is best. This applies to any variable in tuning an engine or car. If you test 1000 variables, only one combination is best. In essence, you wasted all that time and money on the other 999 variables. If you can get info from other racers, maybe they give you what they found to be the best. You have no idea what they tested previously. It's probably a very good starting point though. I figure the 1.78" intakes and the slightly larger 1.81" BBM exhaust valves I bought can be used for flow testing on the BBM exhausts. I may end up with a collection of odd ball valves for flow testing. The AMC 1.78" intake valve looks promising as it's more of a nail head valve. I'm sure we will have Manley make a custom valve for us. My machinist found some interesting results on the MP aluminum Magnum heads he did for another friend. They tested a bunch of valves on it and finally found one the heads liked.

I've talked to Paul a bit on Classracer. I didn't get much info out of him when I was thinking about a 318 2bbl combo for my 1969 Barracuda. This Dart already had a rollcage, so I didn't want to put a rollbar in an original 340 car. The 318 fit in a lower class that didn't need the rollbar. Some of my SS racer friends thought that was a bad idea with 160MPH CJs and COPOs and Drag Packs running in the other lane. I haven't connected to Bushmaker. I thought he was running a 1973/4 Cuda with the 340/360TQ combo. Didn't he have the Brown Sugar Cuda?

Aren't those LD4Bs aluminum? Didn't know you could use those.