I cant see anything abnormal with the fuel pump. I worked the fuel pump arm against a piece of wood and I didnt hear anything abnormal. The fuel pump is a CV products billet Alum pump. The arm extends about 1.50 inches from the mounting flange of the pump. I dont have a stock pump to compare to.

Fuel pump pushrod measured 3.205 inches in length. The condition looks good. Both ends of the pushrod still show chromoly hardened finishes. OD is 0.435.

It was a little tight pulling it out of the bore, but it seemed to move freely when I moved it through its normal range of motion. This was once the engine cooled down enough to work on it.

Cam lobe is in good condition.

However, is the pushrod supposed to ride on the camshaft at all times like a camshaft lifter?

Is the correct pushrod length 3.220 or 3.250?

Does anyone have a stock mechanical fuel pump to measure the extension of the arm from the fuel pump mounting flange?

Note the attached picture, there is a gap between the pushrod and camshaft lobe. Not sure if this is normal or not. shruggy Either way I would think this would cause a noise at all times not just on a hot engine....

20000002015028.JPG