Sorry, I didn't take any before photos of the tail pipes. They are new, unused aftermarket pipes that I bought and garaged for 35 years - they had minor pitting and a lot of surface rust.

Today I made a wooden jig to hold a graphite block in the interior of the dash frame, top photo. Because the process is mostly "line of sight", meaning the graphite needs to be aimed directly at the part for best results, this had to be done or the inside of the frame would not get much electrolysis.

The 2nd photo shows the block is placed in the interior of the dash. Note vigorous foaming and bubbles compared to the two blocks at the top of the photo. Those two blocks would be doing more work (more bubbling) if they were more parallel and closer to the dash.

Bottom photo shows todays results on the paint. Maybe the paint would eventually fall off, but I prefer to remove the part each day, clean, inspect, and put it back in the pool if not finished.

Those of you who have done more body work than I probably already know this, but I found out that wire brushing the paint off beats the heck out of wet sanding. I used a corded variable speed drill motor with a wire wheel.

P1040587.jpgP1040584.jpgP1040582.jpg

If you don't see two dolphins, you need a vacation.