There is always the venerable cable-operated manual choke conversion. It's old school, but it can work great.

I had the choke horn milled off on my center carb on my '70 sixpack car, but the fast idle cam is still functional. It can at least keep the engine fast idling for those first few minutes without having to do it by foot with the accelerator pedal.

For my '68 slant six, I bought an electric choke conversion that uses a small temperature sensor that bolts to the motor to help time the choke's closed/open cycle. It works great.

It's a little hard to see in this pic, but look where the old style choke stove was and you can see the new electronic choke. There's also a small black sensor bolted to the head near the center intake manifold runners that modulates the openning timing as it senses the heat from the engine.

This is where I got mine after learning about it on Slantsix.org
http://www.carbsonly.com/carbs/carbschoke1.htm

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)