Andy -- T/Anks for the tip on the light-weight discs... would like more info when available.

I met with Sublime hemi over this holiday wknd... he has an AWESOME 70 Charger!!!!

I tried different rims over the 11.75" rotors with the Viper calipers.... the factory 15x7 steel rally rims will NOT clear over the calipers... the inside radius of the design of the rim hits the caliper.

I tried my PERFORMANCE-brand vintage 15x8 mini-light rim... it just bareley clears, BUT having inside tape-weights just barely touches and scrapes the top of the front leading edge of the caliper (so, removing that ~1/8"-3/16" thickness weight would allow it to clear... that would mean using clip-on wheel weights (which I don't like as they'd probably damage the aluminum rim... not sure about that).... or else, filing-down the caliper at that interfering edge.

I also tried my Wheel Vintique 16x8 minilight rim... it clears better around the diameter, but... the flat spokes come close to the side of the caliper... clears by about 3/16".

And, I tried my 16x10 Centerline -X-series race rims (aluminum, zero offset (5" backspace)... clears a-ok.

SO... I may end up talking a pass on the Viper setup and just go with the cast iron Cordoba calipers.

BUT... I wish the Wilwood caliper adapters were still available from AREngineering and/or DrDiff... this way I could use light-weight calipers (hoping they would be a good choice or at least equal to the cast iron calipers).

Also, using the drum spindles limits the choices... using the disc spindles (say, '73 and up large size) allows more future brake choices from different suppliers, etc. (I have the drum spindles aside and the small disc spindle on the car, with the large disc spindle aside to be installed... all pending my final decision.)

T/Anks again to Mike... aka SublimeHemi!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 09/06/16 04:24 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!