When most airfeilds stop offering 80/85 ave gas for sale a lot of the local guys that could use it would buy several 55 gallon barrels and then go fill them up at a local gas station with ump regular and transfer that it into thier airplanes. I had heard some of them comment later when thier airpalnes sat for more then 5 or 6 weeks (at L 26 in Hesperia, CA in the Mojave Desert) the motors where really hard to start, hence my question on how hard was yours to start on pump gas after it had sat for awhile shruggy My Comanche sat in the hangar in Hesperia for almost a year before I flew up here to Bend, it was a lot harder to start at that time than when I flew it once a month minimum work It had a single primer nozzle into one cylinder so it did not prime all six cylinders, once it was warmed up I could start it off the throttle very easily up I would shut the motor down with the mixtue control so all the cylinders where dry when the motor quit and no residual fuel in the intake manifold.

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/28/16 08:49 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)