Originally Posted By bee1971
Rear main seal leaks 100 times worse now then the one it replaced
Sorry to hear that.

New 402 oil pan and superformance gaskets are awesome
Thanks for noticing the quality difference and your support!

Mancini racing billet retainer

Put black rtv on the ends where it contacts the block , side o rings go into holes in the retainer on the ends then swing around the sides

Used the superformance rear main seal ,seal lip on both halves facing inward towards the crank

Only thing I didn't do was silicone the sides of billet retainer because I thought that was the purpose of the double o rings , you know to keep oil from leaking by the o rings
IMO any seal worth it's salt should not need the aid of sealers.

But after some more research ???

Anyways I am beyond pissed
Can't blame ya

Any better o ring material for those side seals that I can pick up locally ??? They fit in the tiny holes on the end of retainer nicely to hold in place , but coming down the sides you have to keep them in place in the grooves while sliding down the retainer inward on the block , wish the rubber was a little wider
I'm personally not a fan of the double o-ring cord, very difficult to work with

Black rtv or Copper on the sides of retainer , yes or no ???

Should I offset the rear seal more then a 1/8" so it's not flush with the parting line of block
Offsetting more than 1/8" is not going to gain you anything. The purpose of offsetting is to be assured of seal half alignment.

Also the superformance rear main seal versus the Mancini rear seal supplied with kit , any differences ???
I have no idea but can say that the Superformance Products rear main seal is a factory O.E.M Chrysler part.

Sorry guys for all the questions , not a happy camper right now , missing out on a car show today

Only suggestion I have is to tear back into it being mindful upon disassembly to watch for clues to what may have gone wrong. My best guess from miles away is the o-ring cord is possibly folded under the retainer, not allowing it to sit flush on the block. Find a retainer that uses the factory style grooves and install the Superformance retainer seals, they work.