Originally Posted By mopars4ever
My thought was if The Summit team had some advance notice of the change in Pro Stock and had time to test way before anyone else it would have given them a advantage. Summit is a big part of NHRA with the sponsored races and such. Just my thinking.
Nope.......Each ECU and each Throttle body is serialized and assigned to a certain team. KB racing had their parts the same time everyone else did.

At the beginning of the year, they were a LITTLE ahead on power, but a TON ahead on setup. Now other teams are there on the mph, but still behind on the setup.

Jason Line is a VERY smart guy. He knew nothing of EFI but understands fuel, air, spark. So he had no preconceived notion of how it HAD to be done, unlike some "tuners". He just did what was needed, not how somebody told him it HAD to be done......and here we are.

I see this all the time with some of my nitrous guys. Some of my best guys are the ones who were good N/A tuners and had ZERO nitrous experience. I just tell them to tune it like the N/A motor it still is. They have no notions of how it SHOULD be, based on old wives tales, poor information, or anything else. Just do what they do.

Now, many teams brought in "tuners"..........how many of these tuners know anything about a 500" N/A Pro-Stock motor and how tiny the window is. Jason Line knows exactly that and only needed to learn to use the software to do what he KNEW needed done........where others had to learn the motor and what it wanted. Which do you think would be easier?