My reminiscing yesterday brought up a memory of the 'trickest' heads we had ever seen at that time. The guy I worked for was friends with Dan Jesel and one of his salesmen at the time, Jerry, would stop by from time to time. Back then these guys would grudge race their cars for big money and Jerry had at least an interest in one of the cars. From what I heard at the time there were few rules....had to be streetable and driven to the track. Again from what I heard a few would trailer the car to get close then drive the last little bit. I remember the engine was a 434 with a dry sump and sheet metal intake. The heads were Brodix -12's that had the intake port raised 3/4". The heads were completely welded on the topic the ports, valve cover rail and floor to raise them up. I remember because my boss gave me the heads and told me to take them home to see if there was anything we could do with them to make them flow better. I distinctly remember they flowed 339. That was converted to 28" from whatever they flowed at 10. That was a lot of air for the time and I recall the engine making in the mid 800's. I remember doing some probing and mapping and thinking we could get more out of them but we never did because Jerry didn't want to risk messing up a set of heads he had so much money tied up in. This was right before the CV/SP's came out and when they did they made the switch. By now I no longer worked there but kept in touch . I remember them being the first head I ever heard of flowing near 370-380. Eventually they got the flow up to around 405 and the engine made right around 1000hp. That was a ton for back then in a 'street' car. From what I was told too the car was a late model Camaro and looked like a total rag....which was always appealing to me...,paint don't make it fast