As with many OE heads, when you start trying to get a lot more air through the ports, the short turn starts to become an issue.
SB mopar heads are no different.

My experience has been that trying to completely remove the humps in the roof by the head bolts is worth almost nothing unless it's a truly MAX effort deal.

The short turn needs to be layed back as much as you dare...... And yes, there is water right there, so use caution.
This is the one key area of the intake port that is noticeably different in an X head than the other SB mopar heads. The short turn is already layed back quite a bit compared to any other stock SB mopar head, if they both have a 2.02 valve.
I find it fairly difficult to get these heads to not start to back up(turbulence) at much over .500 lift, if you've got the rest of the port opened up to allow a noticeable increase in airflow(say around 240cfm and up).
What I often do is use 2.055/1.625 SBC valves, which provides a nice flow increase in the area under curve, although it doesn't help with the ports backing up at high lifts.
If you're starting from scratch, the 1.625 exhaust valve is an easy way to perk up the flow.