Originally Posted By TC@HP2
Originally Posted By ahy
I did the math on the toe to convert inches to angles. Bottom line 0.3 degrees total toe in would be about 1/16" toe in. Not enough. Suggest you need at least 1/8" or .55 degrees total toe in for stability. .8 degrees would even be OK.

Agree the alignment is suspect. Best with MOPARs is to first set the eccentrics for maximum positive caster ignoring all other measurements. Then check it. Then adjust to dial in some negative caster and get it close side to side. Then set the toe.

Total Toe In Total Angle Deg
0 0.00
1/16 0.28
1/8 0.55
3/16 0.83
1/4 1.10

Using what diameter tire? The diameter will impact this measurement.

Originally Posted By moparx

ok, thanks ! i will put this some place i can reference to in the future. BUT, is this degree measurement in toe IN stated as a "plus" or a "minus" number ? that is still confusing to me. help an old guy out here please !

Again, these aren't universal because of variations in tire diameter. They may get you close but won't be exact due to these variations. IMO, toe is easy enough to set in inches, why do gyrations to convert to degrees unless you are decifering a spec sheet.

Positive numbers in toe generally refer to a toe in position. Negatives would be toe out.

ok. negative is TOE OUT. why, oh why, did the manufacturers go to degrees ????? i realize tires are the critical thing in this measurement ! one thing i learned is NOW i know what the degree deal is when i have to set my minivan and my wife's concorde. and just for the record, i always try for around 1/16"-3/16" TOE IN for a start point on everything. more on a front steer vehicle than on a rear steer. just my preference.
beer