I've been a Michelin fan for years. Generally, these tires have held up well. I bought a set of Michelin Defender tires recently. Hope they hold up a little bit better than the last set of Michelin tires that came from Sam's Club. That set was rated at 65,000 miles, but only lasted 50,000 miles. (For what it's worth, that tire has been discontinued.) These tires are on on a full size 4x4 SUV my wife drives. Most of the time that vehicle wears the tires out before the tires rated mileage is reached.

I went to the TireRack website and looked at the reviews. The Defender tires were rated the best. You may want to check out the rating for the size tire your car requires.

Back when I had a pick-up truck, I put cheaper tires on it. It was only driven about 5,000 miles a year. With such low annual mileage, Michelin tires would expire from age rather than miles. The second reason for buying cheaper tires for the truck, is that truck was taken to the scrap yard, the dump, etc. I was concerned about tires being damaged by sharp objects. Better to damage a cheap tire than an expensive tire.