I am not nearly as knowledgeable as any of these enginebuilders but I did just install an FiTech fuel injection system on my 408 with 228 234 cam and eddie airgap intake. The idle vacum was and is around ten inches. With the 750 DP it idled as if the cam was much larger drove as if the cam were much larger but raced at WO throttle corectly. Admittedly I did not tune the carb as though it was staying on.
However an engine must pull fuel from a carb whereas injection is not pulled from the carb only to the cylinder. Single planes seems to be the more logical and popular choice among OE injected engines and injection manufacturers when asked.
Having said all that I think the carburetor ran harder at wide open, but is that due to the softer feeling bottom end of the carburetor? OR am I running into the same situation that David Frieburger, Dulchic and Bruell did while comparing efi to carburator?
I don't know, what I do know! If it is infact loosing power at WO, EFI makes up for it everywhere else. So yes I would like single plane.
Input but no solid answer.

Last edited by dezduster; 02/12/16 04:28 PM.