Originally Posted By BradH
For at least some time in 1971, Dick Landy's choice of a hood scoop on his Pro Stock Challenger was a modified T/A raised behind the entry "snout" for additional carb clearance.

This is the type of modification I've talked about doing to my repro T/A hood w/ a local shop who does a lot fiberglass work. Figured I show some pics of Landy's car, one of my car "as is" and a (crude) photo-shopped version showing what I think it would look like on mine.

It would certainly expand my choice of intake manifold options, as well as keep -- somewhat -- to the original style of the car. shruggy

Brad those are two different hoods. If you want it to look like the restored hood, then you will need to section the entire scoop including the opening and raise it all up so it looks right. I looked at his car a lot at Bristol in 1970 and the hood looked like the one in the top (restored) picture. It did not look like the second picture. I am sure that was the first attempt to get carb clearance and then he cleaned it up some to make it look more astatically pleasing.
Jerry

Old Geezer Racing