I am not looking for a cheaper lifter just looking for good options in case I cannot get what I want at the time I need them, when I bought the Cranes back 6 or so years ago I was under the understanding that the ultra-pro series was a very good lifter at the time and I was looking for pushrod oiling also so thats the ones that I selected, I later found out that the set I aquired was the last known new set in existance, (this was back when crane was having difficulties and wasn't producing alot of stuff anymore)so I almost didn't get them,what would I of setteled for? shruggywho knows,,,and those lifter's were over $700.00 at that time,,this 400 block WILL get the lifter bores bushed also, for all the reason's I did my small block plus the factory bores are way oversize by .003 to .005 and out of round, it probably looked like a sprinkler in the valley, so what I am doing is researching to find a selection I can work from, for a lifter that I can rely on and don't have to loose any sleep over, $350.00 lifters won't cut it with me and $1000.00 lifters are just not in the budget either,,Great thread guy's lot's of good info as always. thumbs

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.