Originally Posted By fastmark
I've got a customer with a 69 charger and he wants to modify the suspension with newer technology. It's a matching number 440 R/T so I have advised him not to have something that is not bolt on. I was looking a the QA1 stuff but they don't make it for a b body rear suspension. Anyone know of a good system that works well? Thanks.

Impossible question to answer unless I knew a LOT more info. Some guys want trick looking stuff and they don't really care if it works or not since they just drive around the fair grounds a couple of times a year.

If the customer is really going to drive the car (somewhat doubtful these days) then I'd stay OEM based. Lower it a bit, bigger torsion bars, HD springs, big anti-sway bars, good shocks, 17x8 rims, 11.75 front rotors, maybe a Dr Diff rear disc brake kit, etc.

If you get more exotic than that then it is very difficult to find someone to maintain it. If the owner isn't a mechanic then he is really screwed unless his next door neighbor is a hot rod mechanic.