Originally Posted By jcc
"Why is it a direct copy"

Because the vendor says its not when it is.

Other vendors giving RMS his due instead of suggesting they invented the "wheel", would hush a lot of criticism, and will never happen as egos are pretty enlarged in this hobby.

So anybody want to share with us who was the "first" to design, develop, and offer a little changed over the years mutlti platform mopar IFS, if it was not RMS?
I don't know who was the first..........nor do I care. It may be your opinion that the HDK is a blatant copy........but that is a serious accusation that you have no proof of, just an opinion.

The first one I ever saw, I built and was looked at by lots of people at various Mopar events. Do I think I built the first one?....hardly, but I had never seen one before I built my own. The idea of removing the T-bars and using racks, goes back to the 70s Pro-Stocks at least. I still have the Car Craft magazine that has a detailed look at how it was done on the Mopar Missle. They removed the t-bar, solid mounted the rear of the lower control arm and sunk the rack in the K-member. Anyone with an ounce of mechanical ability could read that, look at the pics and see how to make it better......because that is what I did. So to me, saying that someones system is a blatant copy is far fetched. Because I know that myself, I look at all of them and see SOMETHING that I would change, if I was doing it myself and I feel certain that most all the companies that make them felt the same way. We all know the HDK shocks mount way different, so that alone eliminates the "blatant copy" remarks. Yeah, the k-members themselves look similar........but don't they HAVE to, since they all mount in the same spot and do the same thing?

I don't know Hemi Denny, nor do I know Mr. Reilly, other than talking to him on the phone 20 something years ago, when he called to ask what I did to manage the bump steer issue on my own car, when using a factory Pinto rack. I also own no K-member or system from ANY of these companies, so have no vested interest in any of them either. If some were accusing Bill, I would be saying the same thing.

As was alluded to above........various companies have been making "street rod" kits for years, that used Pinto racks, Mustang II control arms and spindles. Smart guys thought, hey, it would be easy to make a k-member to put those same common parts under a Mopar. Is only ONE allowed to have that idea? I think not