Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
That was at Woodburn, OR in the fall, Woodburn is 180 Ft above sea level so the DA was probally under sea level by several hundred feet shock shruggy It had ran a bunnch of 10.00 at other tracks, just quick enough to keep me racing with that car and not get thrown out that day devil

With 775 hp it should have run much faster.
Of course it should have grin The other guys cars should always run faster than mine stirthepot BTW, that motor with the SR heads on Oregon pump swill with no exhaust made 727 HP at Klamath Falls on a DTS engine dyno which is at 4300 Ft elevation devilThe -1 heads made 775 HP at 7000 RPM missing due to the header flange being to small puke shruggy
The first Art Carr race 8 inch converter I bought and used in a Hemi NHRA stocker car slowed that rascal down .3 ET and 4 MPH puke We had that converter back a bunch of times and finally ended up with a B&M O69J converter that picked that car up over .4 ET and didn't loose any MPH compared to the stock 11 inch street Hemi converter it came with work All the really fast guys I know are always testing new parts and combinations, some times you have to go backwards, slow down, to find out which path is the correct one to success, go faster work whistling haha

This made me laugh! Whenever people say on here that X hp should run Y times at the track I think about all the crappy cars I see at the track. I'd guess that 90% of the cars at the local track don't run anywhere close to what they "should" run. Fuel system issues, exhaust issues, suspension issues, tires wrong, gears wrong, etc. I was at Woodburn last summer and a guy pulled into the lanes with a nice looking early B body car with a cross ram Hemi. I think he was running 13's or 14's with that car. Looked like a 9 second ride. Making power is one thing, getting the car to work is a whole other ballgame.