Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By earthmover
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By earthmover
Sad but mopar seem to be going down ...I have thought long and hard about a big block Chevy. ..1050hp for 17500.00 Chevy and 22500.00 for mopar 900hp ..5000.00 could be used for a really nice glade and veta...just saying. .

WOW!!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not you and have to pay that much for 900 HP. I'm not big on throwing numbers out there as I never Dyno my engines but I should be in that neighbourhood for a lot less than that.

6000 dollars Keith Black block (didn't cost that much)
2000 " " Callas crank
1000 " " K1 rods and pistons
3500 " " B1 heads, intake, spacers
1100 " " T&D rockers
1000 " " custom cam, pushrods, lifters
500 " " rings, bearings, gaskets
1000 " " custom oil pan, pump, misc.

16.200 dollars

I may have left out a few things but I also didn't pay that much for several of these items. I do my own work (as you could do too) and I'm always on the look-out for deals. Mopars are only expensive if YOU let them be. Sure Chevy racers have more choices but if you don't like it, join them. I love beating Fords and Chevies. Even more so with my Edelbrock headed small block.

Both are all new parts carb to pan and dyno sheet

Parts I listed are all new too and nobody touches my engines and I could care less about some corrected DYNO sheet. The guy that parks next to me every week bought a chevy Shaffroff engine (shaftjunk) and when he took it apart he couldn't believe his eyes. No thanks.

I friend of mine has a Shaffroff 440 small block chevy in a 2800 lb Mustang and it runs 6.30's on motor, alcohol injected. I am faster than him and heavier. But his has a NOS cam in it. I am sure that is the reason. He usually sprays 500 shot on it and then he is a lot faster.

Last edited by D-50; 12/15/15 08:48 PM.

1.33 60 ft,6.21 at 110.59 in the 1/8, pump gas small block,2950lbs,drag radials,mufflers and driven to track ...