Most people get or got into Mopars, because they were different, were not belly button cars like everyone else had, or were brought into it by someone else. That someone else for me, was my dad. In the 50s and 60s, he made a regular habit of taking brands that nobody else around here seemed to care much about and make it outrun all his friends..............His first serious effort "hot rod" was a 65 GTO tri-power car, that was a terror on the streets and track around here and old timers still talk to me about the car. Later on, he got on the Mopar kick and ordered a brand new, 70 model 6 pack Challenger, that later became an NHRA SS/GA national record holder. He remained Mopar from that 70 purchase until this day and I followed suit.........BUT, it was different then. Yes the cars were different from most others on the road, but they also performed well and could be made to run as well or better than the other makes. Once the aftermarket got involved heavily, all that changed and it is a well known fact that we as Mopar guys lament every day. The days of affordable and equal HP for dollars spent for the Mopar guys is a non existent thing and we all KNOW it. The thing that keeps most loyal to the brand, is simply the love of the brand and the fond memories of yesteryear. These days, a person new to hot rodding, will again be looking to Mopar in the quest to be different, but the difference now, is it is nearly impossible for him to out run his buddies off brand, given equal money spent and knowledge applied. The parts simply are not there and again, we KNOW it