Moparts has scared the poop out of me with 727 explosions. I remember when I bought my first MoPar when I was 16, a '67 440/727 GTX, and thought it was bulletproof. All I ever heard was the 727 is a tough rugged mother, 8 3/4 tough as nails behind a Torqueflite. Didn't know anything about RMVB, but the car had one, which I figured out once I got it running.

Nice running 440, I used to put that sucker in low, punch it and absolutely annihilate the H78-14 white walls off the back of it. Had 6000 RPM in about 15 feet, didn't know better, it sure was fun, and that tranny snapped 2nd gear real nice. Never hooked in first, and never really pedaled it though. And never drove it really on the street much, just pulled it out and went around the neighborhood leaving H78 lines all over the road since it was rough and I didn't own it long.

Spend enough time on here and you think a 727 is a ticking time bomb made out of glass. I always thought it was the best 3 speed automatic. This site makes me afraid of a non-LBA 727. Maybe I got lucky. I don't even like to go near the starting line when a 727 MoPar is launching now.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 12/02/15 05:02 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street