the front thin washer that looks like it has a shoulder ( is it supposed to ?) measured .0155" thick, between the front and rear clutch packs that thick chunker measured .0825" thick, the rear clutch pack air checked good, front..... I could hear air hissing, not loud at only 30 psi, but its definitely was leaking out the hole in the front drum that the input shaft goes through had two blackish wear marks from the rings, couldn't feel any grooving, maybe new rings will seal better ? worst case new reaction shaft ? bushable ? I haven't broken the front clutch down completely to check the seal, but I did count nine springs in the drum, all the bushings in the tail stock, front pump etc looked good except for all the copper/bronze floater bushings on the planetaries, most of the tabs are cracked, like the steel looks cracked, i will have to bust out the lighted magnifying glass tomorrow and see for sure.

Speaking of planetaries, are they supposed to look like the units pictured above ? I know they are cast aluminium, but the machining is crap from factory !!!! Input and output shafts looked real good though, no scoring or damage, and the ball bearing on the output shaft has no play, like newness smile Also when i pulled the front pump the gasket between the pump and the bell had shellac on it, the bolts had shellac on them, is that safe to use on the gasket in the trans ? I have used shellac before, and quite love it, just not a place I thought I would use it

The answers are out there you just got to look hard enough