Yeah I had heard Kyle bought another one. A 64 right?

I will tell you the combo surprised me a bunch too. I figured at best the car would 11.50. Heck when I was picking components I chose things I thought would put the car around 11.90 - 12.00.

When I first put the cal-tracs on I was running a 500" wedge.

Before Cal Tracs I just had the pinion snubber with SuperStock Springs.

Reason I went with the cal tracs is the 500 hit so hard it bent the pinion snubber into the yoke and broke the drive shaft ears off.

Anyway performance gain.

Before Cal trac 1.55 best 60' ET
After Cal trac 1.45 best 60' ET

Overall ET was better by about .15 - .2

What I really liked about them is that I do not spin anywhere and if I do simply adjust the bars.

The best part about them is that it keeps the suspension loaded down track. Before the Cal tracs my butt would pucker at around 1200' cause the car would walk around. Now the car is solid as a rock running.

As for why I chose the Cal tracs and not ladder bars. 1. Price 2. Didnt have to cut up the car.

My expenses included ~400 for the cal tracs and 100 bucks for longer rear shocks. I do not use the mono leaf, still have the super stock springs.

IMO Cars running in the 10.50 and up range will all benefit almost as much from cal-tracs as they would ladder bars. (not to mention have about 2500 bucks more in the pocket).

The only thing I wish I would have done when I bought them was buy the adjustable shocks. I have them on for this season and they should be great to fine tune for reaction time.

AJ