Originally Posted By RoadRunnerJD
Only 3 styles available...Sport wheel covers for RoadRunner, GTX and Sport Satellite (see photos below). A lot of incorrect parts get added to these cars over a 45 year period that current owners mistakenly believe we're original to the car for one reason or another. Of course, you can say the factory made mistakes but that's kind of a cop out for guys who want to justify incorrect parts on their car. If you are not going for OE gold and don't mind people trying to be helpful at car shows pointing out the wrong hubcaps, they are fine...and RoadRunners and GTX's had bullet style only. Does your car have the map light, ignition delay and trunk light? Maybe the square ones were added? Another thing to look for on the back of the front fenders behind the wheel would be to see if the holes for Satellite trim have been patched. In any case, these are parts that were marketed as some of the special features on a RoadRunner.

JD, you commented on this car before:

M21 M25 R11 V1W V7W END
A01 A04 C55 G33 J25 L31
F5 F5 M6F F8 910 214997
E63 D32 RM23 H9G 118288

Build sheet gone.

Originally Posted By RoadRunnerJD
First, Road Runner's do not come with dual horns. They come with a single Road Runner purple Voice of Road Runner horn. The fender tag says it all:
St. Louis built, (It's D34) Torqueflite trans column shift, 383 hardtop (1 of approximately24,746 built), limelight metallic (not a very common color choice), probably M6G green bucket seat interior, green interior trim and upper doors, Sept 10 scheduled production date, A01 (fender mounted bullet style turn signals, trunk light, map light, glove box light and ignition delay light), A04 (basic group with 3 speed wipers, power steering, and manual remote driver's side mirror), rocker moldings, white vinyl roof and white accent stripes.

You're right, there's a lot of unknowns with these old cars.

Since I only have two of the Mag style covers, I just might track down a good set of the 69 Sport Covers and call it good. I do like how those say "PLYMOUTH DIVISION" on them.

As far as the fender mounted turn signals go, this is what I know about them.

The driver side fender had been in a collision and that fender had been replaced. It is very clear it's not the original with inner splash shields missing, poor fender alignment, hasty body work, and B5 Blue paint under the signal and side reflector. This side has a bullet style turn signal.

The passenger side fender looks pristine, straight, aligned to the car, splash shields intact, undercoating intact. This is the side with the square "Dodge" style turn signal. And under the signal is F5 Limelight Metallic green. Either someone went through some work to make it look original or it's been there since day one? Don't know?