what exactly is your budget ? as many have already stated, it probably will be money and time ahead to buy somebody's almost completed[?] deal for pennies on the dollar and make it your own. BUT, how much skill,tools, and space do you have ? and PLEASE be honest, especially with YOURSELF ! this will make you happiest in the long run. and if what you want requires a bigger budget, you just have to save a bit more, or a little while longer.i have, over the years, helped many friends on their projects. some have taken just this advice and have been very happy at the end. one other friend took this advice on his first project[ 1970 super bee equipped exactly like his first one he bought new ] and was extremely happy at the end, and enjoys it tremendously even today, 20 something years later.[he is currently in carlisle, and this car has been a multiple award winner over the years]. on his second project, a 72 duster however, he did not. he "thought" he could buy a $3500 "rust free" arizona shell and do it himself. i STRONGLY advized against this because he JUST DOESN"T possess the talent or tools to complete this sort of project. with this being said,[and a TON of my time and effort as well as the same from others he has had to PAY for their services] 7 years later, it is complete, buy HUGELY over budget, and i have to RE-DO some of the electrical and mechanical issues. then, a couple of years ago, he and his wife decided they would like a "street rodded" 57 dodge panel truck. i sat them both down, and FIRMLY told them the ONLY way i would become involved in any project like this is IF THEY BOUGHT ONE ALMOST TOTALY COMPLETED ! it would be time and dollars ahead for them AND me, because of his LACK OF SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT. i also told them [firmly] the value of such a vehicle completed, and that was well within their projected budget. and to add icing on [my] cake, a perfect example was found at carlisle last year for slightly UNDER their projected budget TOTALLY FINISHED as well as totally mopar powered. they both looked it over and fell in love, only to be disappointed because they waited in making their decision and it sold. just my experience. i'm not trying to influence you, just being realistic.
beer