I kept the right stuff rtv away from the inside as best I could cause I didn't want it to fall into the housing when I set the third member on. But I laid a pretty thick bead down on the housing and then after that I went around every stud to make sure every stud had some rtv around it as well. I let it sit there for about 15 to 20 minutes then I dropped the third member on. On the bottle of the right stuff rtv it says assemble parts imidiatley. So I didn't want to wait too long.
I think I will be ok, like I said a lot came oozing out, and that's most likely cause I used more then I needed too, but I didn't want this thing to leak, I didn't want to be removing this third member while its under my truck, so I laid a thick bead of it down.
I cleaned both surfaces with a razor blade and brake cleaner untill nothing was showing up on my rags anymore and I know I scraped all the old gasket off with the razor blades, cleaned the housing its self with brake cleaner and cleaned the third member with brake cleaner and used compressed air on the housing and third member before going back together.