Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not to be a Debbie downer guys BUT say you travel to a race 200 miles away and all the sudden your battery goes kaput, dead in the water. Now you tore out your existing wiring to save a few pounds and mount your very small battery in front. Where the heck are you going to find a replacement in the allotted time to make the next round. This is why I stepped away from 16 volt batteries many many years ago when they were very hard to find. Not so bad now but it sure is nice to be able to grab one out of my truck or motorhome. Think about it and look at the whole picture.

3 years on our pro-lite without a hiccup. I will take my chances and not run a 60lb battery

Monte

Apples to oranges again Monte. The team you are on is a heads up type team car with shared monies (and help) to keep it in operation and probably sponsors helping out. I'm talking Joe Blow pay for your ride weekly bracket racers which MOST of the guys on this site are. Even most of our heads-up guys are adding weight so if its in the right spot I'll take an easy to replace battery over a lead weight bar. Sometimes you are out of touch with the average racer Monte. Get that car running so you get a reality check. 39 plus years and never missed a race season yet so I've made a FEW passes too.

I would go to Wal-Mart and buy a replacement, or just carry a spare. Most of these are all made by Deka and branded with whatever private label is paying. You can get an equivalent AGM from Wal-Mart that will cover about 99% of anything you need for about $100.

I've run my Braille over multiple road course sessions (20 minutes) without an alternator and have not had any issues. The best battery I have ever owned. Will I spend the money and get Braille next time? Probably not, now that I know I can get the same thing at Wal-Mart for half the price.