Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not to be a Debbie downer guys BUT say you travel to a race 200 miles away and all the sudden your battery goes kaput, dead in the water. Now you tore out your existing wiring to save a few pounds and mount your very small battery in front. Where the heck are you going to find a replacement in the allotted time to make the next round. This is why I stepped away from 16 volt batteries many many years ago when they were very hard to find. Not so bad now but it sure is nice to be able to grab one out of my truck or motorhome. Think about it and look at the whole picture.

Good point, looks like I'll be buying Group 24 battery.

Ok Debbie.... you ever think of carrying a spare of anything?

As a weekly bracket racers I have plenty of spares. Way to many times I am the "guy to go to" as many don't carry anything. My Son loaned out his brand new spare fuel pump last June to help a Friend out and still doesn't have it back yet. Keeping a brand new one of a kind battery is not the smartest move to make as the warranty starts the day you buy it so I'll keep running 8's and 9's with my good old Diehard Platinum 12 volt heavy weight battery.

those DieHard Platinums are terrific batteries. (same exact thing as an oddyssey)

408 Stroker 533 HP 520 FT LBS...........................1970 Dart RMS AlterKation