Quote:

Just my opinion, but personally, I think turnbuckles and chains bolted to an engine makes the engine bay look junky. Admittedly, I'm a fan of a clean look, but those things scream "band-aid" to me. I run a Moroso solid on the driver side and a stock rubber mount on the passenger. Been that way for 5 years, never had an issue. It vibrates a LITTLE more than stock mounts, but not bad, barely noticable. To be honest, I've come to think its a good thing because I can really feel the motor and feel like I'm better in tune with it.

I pretty much agree but if you read my one post you will see it says.......I use a nice SHINY piece of chain. LoL ! I do agree and I think most will agree I try to keep my eng bay looking nice so my small 8" piece of chain had to be shiny. I have even painted the chain on some cars over the years with stainless steel paint. But to me my nice shiny chain looks fine and you can see in this pic you cant see it to easy. So when bucks is tight myself I will use a shiny peice of chain for $3 dollars instead of paying $80 or more for the torque strap. But dont get me wrong as I like the torque strap and think it looks nice. I just feel a small peice of chain will work fine as it has for years and can look good if you use a nice clean chain and not a rusty one as then I agree it will not look to nice. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 03/20/15 01:15 AM.