It sounds like it is time for you to find out exactly how much oil is in your engine now and how much it should have. Drain the oil with the motor hot or at least warm and measure it, write it down and then look at the oil pan and see if it has any numbers stamped into or on the oil pan anywhere If it does let us know those numbers, Mopar had two different stock oil pans on the BB and Hemi motors in 1970 and 1971 The common production "402' oil pan and the 1970/71 only 426 street hemi and 440 6 pak oil pan If you oil pan doesn't have any numbers stamp into it measure the depth of it at the back of the sump where the oil drain plug is, measure from the engine block down to the bottom of the oil pan and the length and width of the center oil sump and let us know those measurements The common misconception on the proper amount of oil in the stock 402 oil pans originates from factory service manuals that said 4 quarts, they had the wrong amount in them It show 4 quarts plus one for the oil filter, Mopar sent out several diffeent service bulletins over the years correcting that to be 5 quarts plus one for the oil filter the 1970/1971 426 street Hemi and 440- 6 pak oil pans hold 6 quarts plus one for the oil filter, that is the best stock oil pan to use in any 1966 to 1971 B and E body with a B or RB or Street Hemi motor in those cars You need the matching oil pick up also to use those pans correctly to prevent oil starvation.Let us know what you find out, I always add the proper amount of oil to the motors I build and then make sure the oil dipstick is showing full with the correct amount of oil in them, if not reading correctly I correct and calibrate the dipstick so it reads correctly I learned a very hard lesson years ago on a car I took in trade, the Mopar chrome dipstick showed the motor to be around a half a quart over full when it only had two and half quarts of oil in the oil pan I ended up spinning a rod bearing in that motor due to oil starvation I now drain and verify all the motors I take in that I didn't build to start with No matter who built them, verify, verify and reverify to make sure you know exactly what you have IHTHs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)