Cab, did you pick out these combination of parts or did the owner? You could have suggested that he do it right if was going to do it at all. That is why I dropped the stock rockers and I have a roller cam with pushrod oiling. My biggest mistake was only 9.5-1 compression but I got a super deal on the pistons so I am hoping that I can run on any 85 octane gas, NOT E-85. Tim

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's a loaded question, be prepared for a load of answers!

this is where the money is on a hemi, the heads and the valve train.

it depends what kind of HP you are looking for. you can put an ootb set of mopar or now edelbrock heads on, and they will make for a decent package, but nowhere near what a hemi can do.

a ported set of stage V heads are the way to go imho.

I would like to make about 700-750HP or a little more.

I have built and dyno tested more than one pump gas 426 Street Hemi motor, that said, the better heads make more power per C.I. on the same fuel The last two street hemi motors I built and dyno tested for the same customer in SO CA made 630 HP, 471 C.I. 10.25 to 1 comp. ratio,4.310 bore with a 3.91 stroke,(all new Mopar parts OOTB, he was a lawyer and had a little money ) with the new cast iron OOTB Mopar replacement heads checked and prepped for street use, stock OEM inline 2x4 intake manifold with a set of OEM Carter 1966 street hemi carbs,I did a little tuning on it, not a bunch His other motor was a 526 C.I. with all new Mopar parts, 4.380 bore x 4.250 stroke, used Mopar D4 aluminum heads and a used OEM alumunim SS cross ram intake and new Holley Replacement carbs 11.3 to 1 comp. ratio for 91 octane CA pump gas. Stock rocker arm sets he had on both motors, not blue printed or having the rocker ratio corrected It made 680 HP They, both motors, had custom ground solid lifters, not rollers, street cams in them. I was really disappointed with that motor He wasn't Your deal with that C.I. and a decent set of new Stage V heads and rockers should to make north of 750 HP with two carbs really easy IHTHs Let us know what you decide

1941 Taylorcraft
1968 Charger
1994 Wrangler
1998 Wrangler
2008 Kia Rio
2017 Jetta

I didn't do 4 years and 9 months of Graduate School to be called Mister!