Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you think you can't afford the Stage V heads, wait till you price the rocker arm assembly. There is nothing not expensive for a Hemi, even used parts. Now is the time to think over what you want to do, next thing you'll be thinking is : WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!!!!!

That's true for the most part, but if you're patient you can find some deals for hemi parts occasionally. I bought some new K1 billet hemi rods for $130 and some new MP forged 528 pistons for $200 last year. The cranks are the same as a 440 crank and those aren't too bad. I paid $350 for a new Eagle 4340 4.15" crank a couple of years ago off ebay. Now finding a block for a reasonable price, that's tricky.

Finding used/cheap cranks, rods, & pistons isn't hard. It's the topend parts that are pricy for a hemi...even used stuff. Heads, rocker assemblies, and blocks are the 3 main pieces that you will pay for.

Exactly and I already knew this going in. I am in no rush either. I have never implied in any of my posts that I wanted to build a Hemi on 440 money either.

Last edited by Blakcharger440; 02/27/15 02:20 AM.