Quote:

Quote:

I'm taking on the daunting task of building one of these up from a virgin block and a few parts (which everyone says I shouldn't do. I will be putting in a more normal piston and ring package with lower comp for a big turbo.

Sounds good mate. What size turbo are you going to use? Blow through or efi? The main and big end journals are a bit small.

I have been told that by a few people, but honestly don't know how concerned I need to be with the journals. It's a standard Honda B18 rod. Manley makes a turbo tuff rod for them with 1.88 big end and an .866 pin and 4 of those rods are capable of 1000+hp. Far as the crank mains they run 302 mains and I have no worries about that.

I am not sure what size turbo. I have had my eyes on a BWS480 with the Airwerks upgrades. It's capable of 1200hp or so, and that's a ton. If I wanted more than 1200hp I would be looking at something a little bigger.

I really wanted to go efi on this one, but don't know where to start with that. Injectors and throttle body are no problem, but have zero experience with fuel control modules and tuning. Plus....it's expensive.

knyech1- '71 Sassy Grass Demon 340/904. Pump gas, 1.61 60ft, 7.439 1/8 @ 95mph, 11.824 1/4 @ 111mph "Not too bad for a pump gas 340, full of used parts and hillbilly ported stock heads." - V.B. '03 2500 5.9L HO 6-spd on 35's. 395hp/755ft-lb at tires.