Quote:

well yesterday it was crazy bad.
today it is just regular bad.

when I had it inspected last year the guy mentioned that it didn't stop soon enough.
I just figured, heavy car, and all.
I had noticed when I first start out in the car sometimes, but just attributed it to poor vacuum build up after it had been sitting a while.
but I am guessing the booster is going.
wish there was an easier test than getting that test kit. it is about half the price of a new booster.
if I decide to keep going this route.

I got a rebuilt booster from Rock Auto for my 74 challenger about 4 years ago. I replaced my perfectly working one because it was leaking vacuum inside causing my car to small backfire on decell. And messing with my idle. First noticed it coming down Pikes Peak in first gear, might have been when it let go inside? It was still providing proper brake boost. Just small embarrassing pops out the exhaust. No it was not a exhaust leak.

So the rock auto one sucked from the beginning, only giving me about 3/4 assist but no more vacuum leak or backfires. I checked the rod length and keep driving it. It get's worse the more I drive the car. A year+ later I have just about zero assist from the POS booster.

I took a 35+ year old one off my parts shelf and bolt it. It works like a new one, brakes are back to 100%. Have been now for 3 years.

I never called or complained to rock auto, it was well over a year in use but it was a pos from the first day I got it.
I figured getting "fresh" rebuilt would be smarter than a used one when I called Rock auto because my local Car Quest could not get it anymore for me, wrong again.
My