Quote:

Quote:

General Question: starting from scratch would it be better to purchase the super stealths as opposed to the regular stealths? (super street app). I know they do require the offset intake rockers which be addit'l $$$

You might want to get board member "LaRoy Engines" opinion on this. I believe some time in the past, on another web forum far far away, he posted some porting results on both the regular and "Super" Stealth heads and said the "Super" version wasn't really much better.

I'll try to combine everything quickly. The Super Stealth is the easiest short valve head I have found to port to 320cfm. You can do it quickly with a 2.14 intake, but the port opening is so rough it's best to take it right out to max wedge size. That's what it was designed for anyway.

With bigger valves I have found that both the Stealth and Super Stealth max out, for me, around the same 345-350cfm. The Stealth does it with a narrower port window and doesn't require the off-set rockers.

A properly ported 452 iron head will crush the OOTB Stealth. When both are ported the Stealth is superior to the iron 452 in the upper lift ranges. I have a hard time getting the 452 beyond 305cfm. My son says if I lay the dumb-ass aside they would probably go more. I let him speak, he is after all a better porter than I.