Quote:

Quote:

General Question: starting from scratch would it be better to purchase the super stealths as opposed to the regular stealths? (super street app). I know they do require the offset intake rockers which be addit'l $$$

If you're going to spend the money for the offset rockers you might as well get Victors, at least thats how I see it. A pair of Victors are $1600, and whether you want to consider them bolt on or not you can bolt them on and use them.

The SuperStealths are on sale right now for 400 a head but they're normally 500 a head. Even at 400 a head by the time you put valves in them, have a valve job, buy valves, and put springs in them you're going to be at 1400, and the ports still need work. I don't see how you can have less than 2K into a set of these realistically. And the newer Victors have a nice combustion chamber.

The Victors are a killer head for the money. If you're running a street cam with mild spring pressure you can run a set of Hughes rocker arms (575), and theres really not much added expense vs a set of RPMs if you're in the marker for rockers too. TBH when I built my engine I was on a tight budget and had a set of ductile iron rockers, so I went with Stealths because I couldn't justify an extra grand - 1500 for the victors AND the rockers. Well guess what? Rockers didn't clear my springs and had to buy a set of rockers. The thing I was most POed about with the entire ordeal was had I known I had to buy a set of rockers I'd have started with Victor heads and probably be making another 50-75 horsepower

As I said, I'm happy with my Stealths. But the reason I'm happy is that I got good performance for only $900! If you want more performance than they offer,and are willing to step up the budget, then I'd look at the victors or even Indy EZ's. Unless, of course, you want the factory look that the Stealth offers. If that is part of the draw, then its the only ball-game in town.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120