Quote:

General Question: starting from scratch would it be better to purchase the super stealths as opposed to the regular stealths? (super street app). I know they do require the offset intake rockers which be addit'l $$$

If you're going to spend the money for the offset rockers you might as well get Victors, at least thats how I see it. A pair of Victors are $1600, and whether you want to consider them bolt on or not you can bolt them on and use them.

The SuperStealths are on sale right now for 400 a head but they're normally 500 a head. Even at 400 a head by the time you put valves in them, have a valve job, buy valves, and put springs in them you're going to be at 1400, and the ports still need work. I don't see how you can have less than 2K into a set of these realistically. And the newer Victors have a nice combustion chamber.

The Victors are a killer head for the money. If you're running a street cam with mild spring pressure you can run a set of Hughes rocker arms (575), and theres really not much added expense vs a set of RPMs if you're in the marker for rockers too. TBH when I built my engine I was on a tight budget and had a set of ductile iron rockers, so I went with Stealths because I couldn't justify an extra grand - 1500 for the victors AND the rockers. Well guess what? Rockers didn't clear my springs and had to buy a set of rockers. The thing I was most POed about with the entire ordeal was had I known I had to buy a set of rockers I'd have started with Victor heads and make ALOT more power

Last edited by GTX MATT; 01/16/15 05:21 PM.