Quote:

Quote:

I sure hope we find out what the cause is as the remedies are all over the map….

holy moly you aren't kidding... you guys have a LOT of great ideas. A lot of them I have tried already and I've been taking notes on some things to try that I haven't done yet.

- full length headers, 2-1/2" duals through Flowmasters exiting in front of the axle. I'm pretty confident there is no exhaust restriction.

- gonna try the idea to remove the fan and see what happens. Only problem there is I have to drive 25 minutes to get to a highway, guess I'll bring tools and see what happens.

- I haven't mapped the timing yet to see exactly what the distributor is doing as the RPMs increase, I can do that. It runs perfect so I haven't been thinking in that direction but it wouldn't hurt to see what it is doing.

- pulling freeze plugs is gonna be a sucky job but I agree that the symptoms would line up with that cause so it should be explored. Man, that is gonna take me a whole freakin' weekend to pull all that apart and then get new plugs back in... sigh

- changing the ignition module is easy, I have a box full of them. I'll try that just because it is quick and easy.

- someone mentioned air baffles, I have all the ones in place that cover the gap between the core support and the radiator. What else should be there?

Pop out one EASILY ACCESSIBLE freeze plug & see if there is a bunch of mud in that area. If it's clear, then it's probably not that issue. When I started popping out all the freeze plugs on my Super Coupe, there was lots of sediment at each of them - simply put - the cooling passages were really restricted. Sounds like you do not have an exhaust issue (headers & Flowmasters). If one of the mufflers was defective & really blocked, you would have no upper RPM's so you could feel & probably hear that. Good luck. Yeah - we are all anxious to hear what the issue really is - this is a GOOD one!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified