intake and carb are factory 2 bbl... I think the carb on it now is the factory correct Holley for an '85. At different times I've had a variety of factory carbs on it from 60's, 70's, and 80's vintage. As I mentioned, I have lots of cars/trucks/parts and am always swapping stuff around. The highway hot issue has been exactly the same regardless of what carb was on it. I can't recall ever changing the fuel pump, all I will say to argue that point is that by the seat of the pants dyno it runs good.

Ya know, that's another idea, I could book some dyno time to experiment with it. It would give me some other data points about how it is running and the A/F conditions etc.

I hope I don't get an internet lynching, please be patient with me as this truck is mainly just our beach cruiser and occasional knock around town rig. Updates may not be fast and furious as it is just one of many projects demanding my limited wrenching time. I would like to be able to drive to the beach at full speed so I continue working on it here and there.