I received a PM from another member asking about actual schematic's on wiring. The link I provided; http://ledcalc.com walk you through. Knowing the generalized voltages of the bulbs used, milli-amp drawn (20 is the baseline from what I've read), and how many LED's used it will explain what, and where, to wire in everything. Believe me, I'm no techno-head that builds electronics, this is my VERY FIRST attempt at this. All I possess is some detail-related hand/eye skills and patience. The site pretty much spells out what to do.

……………………………………………………...
LED lights have a rating called "forward voltage". You ideally want about a 20 milliamp draw. Go to this site http://ledcalc.com plug-in the numbers. Here's an example of voltage. This is from the link I posted above.

As supply voltage:
For molex: 5, 7 and 12 volts
Batteries: 1.5 and 9 volts

As led forward voltages:
Red and green: 2 volts
Blue and white: 3.0 - 3.5 volts

Led current:
20mA will work for most regular leds.
Superbright leds can go from 30mA up to several amps.

Now say you want to add an LED light for an indicator light in your case, this is how I would calculate:

How many bulbs will fit the area? If your using a single WHITE LED you would need a 470 ohm resistor with a 12 volt power supply. If you wanted to use, say 3 bulbs, you would use a 180 ohm resistor, wired into the power side of the LED's, which is the LONGER leg, and ground the other side, switching it on/off from either side.

Click on the link I posted and plug in what your working with. THE SITE ALSO SPELLS OUT A DIAGRAM UNDER THE GURU SETTING. And if there's an odd amount of bulbs, the schematic will break in down into the correct circuits with the correct resistance for the amount of bulbs. Red LED's are 2 volts forward voltage, white 3. Don't forget I used 3mm LED's for the reverse lights for a smaller light, and I used 5mm bulbs for the brake/tail lights.

I'm going to cut & paste this question & answer so hopefully this might help someone else wondering the same thing.

Last edited by FASTBACK340; 12/31/14 03:29 PM.