Quote:

Very Cool! I have a 68 as well and that is something that really needs to be done for sure.

What makes the `68 unique is the differences from the `67 & `69, which share ALOT of details (egg crate grilles, reverse lamps on the rear valance, larger tail light area….) But I've always disliked the practicality of those little lights (reminds me of my old `57 VW Beetle; those were TINY!) but I like the way they look. I tried those Pep Boys plug-in LED bulbs: still just a small centralized bit of light. Having people see my brake lights during the day is an issue. That's the reason for the LED conversion, but just the way some people would complain about free money, I knew I'd have some finger waving coming my way. And as someone already mentioned, there's more to the story…..

Driving in Queens, N. Y. is like driving amongst one big dysfunctional drivers-ed class on the roads. If I get your attention, that's my intention. Which brings me to….

Brightness. Much like the way some people like to fire-up their new header installation before the mufflers go on, I posted a full-power, 12 volt head-on shot of the Sun. I know it's bright. I plan on dropping the power. Which brings me to…..

You tie both your tail & brake lights into the LED board. But you MUST install diodes to prevent back-feeding from one circuit to the other. By adding, say…. a higher ohm resistor on your tail light feed and a lower ohm on the brake feed, you have 2 different power input levels creating a difference in brightness. I plan on toning down both the tail AND brake lights.

And as far as traffic laws, I live in Queens, N.Y. Things are a bit "lax" when it comes to an older guy in a special interest car. Besides, there's so much incompetence on the roads….

Anyway, here's some darkness shots with the lights powered by a 9V battery. With the factory lenses they look good! Once I have them in the car I'll play with some dropping resistors to tone them down a bit. With 12V they are a lot brighter! Here's the reverse lights.

And the brake lights…..

Real hard to tell with a digital photo, but I really like them. Nice & bright, but not obnoxious. We do more testing…..

`68 Barracuda 340-S