Quote:

What are you guys using for air filters? I notice if I take mine off I can Rev above 9200 rpms. Is there a air cleaner that can handle high rpms and cfm?

Or do you just run without them?

I think if you double the diameter on your size air cleaner it will triple the air flow abiltiys of that size air cleaner. Try contacting K&N tech or go on thier web site for the formula on how to figure the total square area of thier filters Years ago I dyno tested two different K&N Extreme filter tops on two different 14 inch diameter air cleaners on two different dynos, both times the motors loss right at 8 HP I did a similar test at the track A,B,A test on the one of the same lids on a 14 inch K&N aircleaner on a 1050 Holley Dominator carb and the stupid dang car went a little quicker ET (.03 to .04)and faster (.3 and .25MPH) with the lid on, two times So I ended up leaving it on. I have dyno tested other air cleaners on other motors also, as you have found out to little will cost you HP and some times torque, not so on two big IHTHs EDITED, I don't race without a decent filter now, especially as I get older and don't like reringing motors sooner than I could by using a decent air filter

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/24/14 11:59 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)