Quote:

440 w/ Ross forged flat top pistons, zero deck. 4.35" bore, 3.75" stroke, 6.76" Eagle rods. Aluminum Eddy RPM heads, 75cc chambers polished. With 0.039" head gasket it all calculates to about 11.25:1. Cam is Ultradyne flat tappet solid. Lash 0.016" hot. Cam card picture attached. I used a degree wheel and verified, cam is installed per the card. Intake is Mopar P3690982 converted to port EFI (Weiand six pack tunnel ram).

With iron heads, eddy RPM intake, and a carb at just over 10:1 I was able to run on 93 octane fuel.

Everything I have read so far says I will probably have to run higher octane now. My fuel system can easily handle the flow requirements for E-85, the only thing I would have to do is up the injector sizing.

The way I see it is I have these options:
1) Race gas / race gas blend / or some sort of octane boost
2) E-85
3) Bigger cam
4) Thicker head gasket

Anyone profess to know enough about this to know for sure that I can not run pump gas with this engine? There is a gas station 1 mile from my house that has E-85, but, if I drive any great distance it may be hard to always find it. Running cooler would be a nice benefit, it does get quite hot here in Texas in the summer. I am tempted to go a little bigger on the cam as it is, the springs installed are good to about 0.600". I would be interested in opinions regarding the correct cam sizing to match this intake. Car is manual transmission, so stall speed is not going to be an issue. Rear axle is 3.90 and the car is a '68 Barracuda.

-Michael

I'm running higher compression than you are on my
SB with iron heads at the moment with a 260/270 @ 50
cam... on the street I run 87 octane.... mine is 10.4
EDIT
I see you say its 11.2... with 93 and alum heads
I'd run it... E-85 would do it easy but its only E-85
during the summer months

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 12/14/14 02:21 AM.