Quote:

Those little jokers cost 129 bucks each , so....is there anyway I can clean out/salvage this injector first?

thanks!

eightlitermopar

Yes:

You need: a 9 volt battery, air compressor with rubber-tip blow gun, injector cleaner, and, a matching injector harness with two exposed wires.

1. Disconnect the fuel line and remove your injectors and the rail.

2. Leave the injectors on the rail and hook your two-wire harness up to one injector.

3. Fill the fuel rail up with straight injector cleaner.

4. You need three hands to do this or a helper, but, put the compressed air onto the fuel rail and pressure it up a tiny bit. Meanwhile tap the nine volt battery on the two open leads (opens and closes the injector) and watch it get cleaned out!

If you search there is a few videos on Youtube how to do it. I did it to the '04 Neon and it worked like a charm. I used an injector harness yanked from a Ford Windstar, as long as it will plug into the Dodge. In a pinch you can use two small jumper wires, but it's a pain.

Make sure you coat the little O-rings with on the injector housings with oil/grease before you put them back in.

Again.........free.

However, prior to doing this, you may want to take the injector in question and swap it to another hole and see if the problem follows the injector. Just to rule out bad wiring or a cylinder with no compression.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".