Quote:

Quote:

Used parts, deals and all that are just that, good deals. I'm one of the luckiest on the planet. Traded labor for the upper half, short block donated. Bought a few new parts. I saddled it down with stock eddy carbs and a cross ram. hat did I end up with? A 572 that has gone [Email]9.12@147[/Email], 3340lbs, 10.5 tires for less than $3500. Is it a world beater? No way. Can I bracket race it with low maintenance, yes. Was I lucky to get it ,Yes Yes yes. It doesn't have.027" rings, how much are those? Headers are easy to make until the inner fenders are still there.
Doug

I've got several brand new sets with .043 rings and .927 pins. Cheap cheap cheap... Also two cranks with Chevy journals. This engine will last me a lifetime unless the block splits in half.

Let this be our little secret... Cut the flanges off w2 headers and and tweak the tubes just a touch, P7 flanges will weld right on. Don't tell any one. OK?

How does a .043" ring fit a .027" groove? No way they run at 7000 and make power. I believe your video it looks like 8500+, am I correct? What if you want to change the cam? Nothing against the old NASCAR stuff. But I question the work required raises the costs. Also not everyone has fab skills necessary. I'm assuming dry sump, was that extra $? Oil lines? Tank? Accessory drive? How about the bell housing and converter stuff? Personally if I wasn't running a specific class ( N/SS) I would definitely consider a P-7. That being said fabrication doesn't scare me at all. How about a "total cost" to get it in the car? How many MPH has your
car run and at what weight, just curious as I know your still working on ET.
Doug