1. Need a new block for your SB? I can buy a core with a hydro roller set up any day of the week for $100, try THAT with a BB. That block will handle the same power as a stock BB.

2. Spark plugs are a pain in a BB not to mention plug wire routing around headers or manifolds and the location in the chamber sucks and needs a lot of advance.

3. #100 off the nose of the car for free.

4. Bolts up to a 904 or a-500 for free that saves power and wider ratios are almost free and is a lot lighter and I have never heard of a 904 drum exploding. If you get the right one you can shut off lock up with a simple switch.

5. Magnum heads can make just as much power as any free BB heads because of the increased efficiency.

6. Machined valve cover rails with 10 bolts, one piece oil pan gasket, no water on the head bolts or ex bolts (again magnum heads)

7. 4 inch cast cranks (No eagle crap) are real cheap and hold up fine in most apps.

8. Converting a SB car to a BB (most of our cars were SB) is a big pain, swaping trans, exhaust, mounts...

Me and most of my customers are broke folks that don't really need expensive blocks and heads and don't want to add the weight for little gain. I talked a good friend out of a 440 in his 318 68 Cuda, instead stroked a 318 mag to a 392 and he calls me all the time carrying on about how fast this thing is and how he is glad he did not go BB. Saved all the money on the conversion and it still handles well.

There is a place for a BB but it is not really what most guys need. You really should have aftermarket heads and 500+ cubes to make it worth it.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!